Attention TeaZa® fans! Be on the lookout for a BIG announcement from TeaZa® Energy on World No Tobacco Day, May 31, 2016. World No Tobacco Day was created by the World Health Organization in 1987 to draw global attention to the tobacco epidemic and the preventable death and disease it causes. This is an important day for us at TeaZa® Energy because many TeaZa® fans struggle with smokeless tobacco habits.
The American Cancer Society website lists the following health harms associated with smokeless tobacco use:
- Mouth, cheek, and gum cancer
- Cancer in the esophagus (the swallowing tube that goes from your mouth to your stomach)
- Pancreatic cancer
- Possible increase in risk of heart disease, heart attacks, and stroke
- Addiction to nicotine (which can lead to smoking and using other forms of tobacco)
- Leukoplakia (white sores in the mouth that can become cancer)
- Receding gums, gum disease (gums shrink from around the teeth)
- Bone loss around the roots of the teeth
- Abrasion (scratching and wearing down) of teeth
- Cavities and tooth decay
- Tooth loss
- Stained and discolored teeth
- Bad breath
According to the American Cancer Society website quitting smokeless is a little different than quitting smoking because, “There is often a stronger need to have something in the mouth (an oral substitute) to take the place of the chew, snuff, or pouch.”
This is why so many people looking to quit dipping love TeaZa®. If you or someone you love needs a push, get some TeaZa® ASAP! You can also try some of the suggestions made by the American Cancer Society in their Guide to Quitting Smokeless Tobacco.
We know the suspense is killing you about our BIG announcement coming soon, but in the meantime, we’re encouraging fans to join the movement toward tobacco free lifestyles, take the Operation Tobacco Free (OTF) pledge and quit dipping! OTF is a prosocial initiative launched by TeaZa® Energy in October 2015 in response to the growing number of customers who use TeaZa Energy as a supplement or replacement for smokeless tobacco. OTF serves to discourage tobacco use and inspire healthy lifestyles through education, community outreach and support of youth sports and health programs. Ready to join the movement? To apply for a sponsorship, take the pledge and learn more about OTF visit TeaZaEnergy.com/OperationTobaccoFree.